Here are some of my favorite photos from the last few months on film. All of these were shot on 35mm and most are Portra 400. All of these were scanned on my new-to-me home scanner, a Noritsu LS-600 that I bought from AAA imaging. I can't recommend getting this scanner if you are at all interested in scanning your photos at home. It gives you full control to the final look of your photos and is very easy to use.
Last week I attended the Yan Fam Way workshop in Indianapolis - and it was everything I had hoped it would be and then some. (If you have ever thought about taking it I am telling you to do it - you will love it!) On the way home, I stayed the night at my friends house so I didn't have to drive so long and we planned on having a little session the next morning with her and her two youngest children - it was a weekday and her husband had to go to work and her oldest had to go to school. But she has been so supportive of me during my experiment with film so with her cheering me on and with Yan all fresh in my head I went for it and I feel really proud of these photos. Film has my heart - with all its perfect imperfections.
I used Portra400 film and just my canon 1v 35mm camera. I initially wanted to shoot medium format at the same time but I ended up just keeping it simple with one camera and one lens the entire session. The film was developed at Miller's and scanned at home on my new-to-me Noritsu LS-600 scanner.
Woohoo! I am an aunt again!! This little nugget was less than day old for these photos. Whenever I see a newborn it always blows my mind that just a short time ago they were inside someone's belly - even though I've done it twice myself it never ceases to amaze me. She is SO cute and I am so excited to watch her grow up. My kids and I keep playing a game where we wonder what she will like and what she won't. It's so fun to imagine all the possibilities and imagine her running around with her big brother and cousins one day. We are so happy to have her in our family <3
Here is an adorable video clip of her yawning! (no sound because of the conversation SOME people were having - haha)
This day was SOOOO dreary. I took a little video on the way to the hospital showing what I was up against. This is why she stayed near the window the entire time and my ISO was 6400! In more exciting news, I videotaped myself shooting these photos and editing them for my ClickinMoms breakout coming out just after Christmas!
Almost three years ago I interviewed my son for his third birthday, and then ask the same questions every year after. I am so excited to start this little tradition with Katie. I am so proud of the little person she is becoming. She has grown so much this past year; physically, emotionally and mentally. She used to make me carry her all day and have total meltdowns every time I had to leave the house. But she is now strong and independent and has such a personality. She has her own mind and insists on trying everything by herself. She loves all things girly; including pink, purses, dolls, princesses and lipstick but she will also make lego creations and race hot wheels with her brother. She is funny and loves to make us laugh, which she does daily. She gives the best running hugs. She adores her brother. I can't even find the words to express how much I love her and how much happiness she brings me. Every day I love her more than the day before which seems impossible but its not. I love this phase of life we are entering - there are no more diapers, we can have real conversations and she can tell me what she is feeling; everything is new and exciting and to be explored. Three year olds are so much fun and this time I get to do it without a tiny baby to take care of too.
So here is her third birthday interview along with some recent film photos.
1. How old are you? three.
2. What is your favorite color? pink.
3. What is your favorite thing to eat? honey cereal.
4. What is your favorite toy/game to play? Frozen.
5. What is your favorite thing to do with Mommy? make cookies.
6. What is your favorite thing to do with Daddy? play toys.
7. What do you like best about Joey? going to school.
8. Who is your best friend? Kian.
9. What is your favorite thing to wear? my beautiful dress.
10. What do you want to be when you grow up? a doctor.
11. What makes you feel happy? open eggs.
12. What makes you feel sad? when joey fights.
13. What is your favorite book? Frozen.
14. What is your favorite TV show or movie? Wizard of Oz.
15. What is your favorite animal? Tigers.
16. What is your favorite song to sing? Let it Go.
17. What is your favorite song to dance to? Let it Go.
18. What is your favorite thing to do outside? play chalk.
19. What is your favorite holiday? dress up.
20. If you could wish for anything, what would it be? I want to fly.
21. What do you love about yourself? my painting.