Almost three years ago I interviewed my son for his third birthday, and then ask the same questions every year after. I am so excited to start this little tradition with Katie. I am so proud of the little person she is becoming. She has grown so much this past year; physically, emotionally and mentally. She used to make me carry her all day and have total meltdowns every time I had to leave the house. But she is now strong and independent and has such a personality. She has her own mind and insists on trying everything by herself. She loves all things girly; including pink, purses, dolls, princesses and lipstick but she will also make lego creations and race hot wheels with her brother. She is funny and loves to make us laugh, which she does daily. She gives the best running hugs. She adores her brother. I can't even find the words to express how much I love her and how much happiness she brings me. Every day I love her more than the day before which seems impossible but its not. I love this phase of life we are entering - there are no more diapers, we can have real conversations and she can tell me what she is feeling; everything is new and exciting and to be explored. Three year olds are so much fun and this time I get to do it without a tiny baby to take care of too.
So here is her third birthday interview along with some recent film photos.
1. How old are you? three.
2. What is your favorite color? pink.
3. What is your favorite thing to eat? honey cereal.
4. What is your favorite toy/game to play? Frozen.
5. What is your favorite thing to do with Mommy? make cookies.
6. What is your favorite thing to do with Daddy? play toys.
7. What do you like best about Joey? going to school.
8. Who is your best friend? Kian.
9. What is your favorite thing to wear? my beautiful dress.
10. What do you want to be when you grow up? a doctor.
11. What makes you feel happy? open eggs.
12. What makes you feel sad? when joey fights.
13. What is your favorite book? Frozen.
14. What is your favorite TV show or movie? Wizard of Oz.
15. What is your favorite animal? Tigers.
16. What is your favorite song to sing? Let it Go.
17. What is your favorite song to dance to? Let it Go.
18. What is your favorite thing to do outside? play chalk.
19. What is your favorite holiday? dress up.
20. If you could wish for anything, what would it be? I want to fly.
21. What do you love about yourself? my painting.
This is my first time shooting Ektar - I was hoping for a sunny day since that is when I heard it really shines, but as soon as we got to the park the sun went behind clouds and stayed there. But I am really happy with how these came out even on a cloudy day. I was nervous about shooting Ektar because you can't really overexpose it or it will be red toned, and you don't want to underexpose it either. So happy to see that using my light meter and what I've learned so far I was able to get the exposure right for these.
Here is one of my favorite Ektar images from the same roll, really loved this stock.
We LOVE LOVE LOVE Kiddie Park. My mom went when she was a little kid, I went when I was a little kid, and now I'm taking my kids. And it is SO.MUCH.FUN. My kids don't know how to walk here - they jump/skip/hop from ride to ride. Their excitement here is awesome and contagious. In another year or so my son will be too tall for the rides here, so we are going to spend lots of time here this summer. Since I declared this my summer of film, here is Kiddie Park on film! Still trying to figure out backlighting on film, hopefully by the end of the summer I will get there.